There are a number of ways to get support, feedback your concerns or report the concern: 
  • Approach your module organiser or programme director to feedback your concerns directly 
  • Approach your programme representative or the Student Representative Council to feedback your concerns 
  • Report via Report and Support – you can do this either anonymously or giving your name. 
  • Report via the Student Complaints procedure 
What happens next? 
Our frequently asked questions explain what happens once a report is made via Report and Support. If you feedback your concerns directly to your module organiser or programme director, they will be able to explain to you what will happen next.  
Decolonising the Curriculum Facilitators  
The Deconolising the Curriculum Facilitators are a group of staff that work across each faculty to support the development of a decolonised curriculum. The work with academic staff to facilitate reflections & guide conversations on how to create a curriculum that is decolonial in its approach to the subject matter being taught. They help reflect on not only what we learn, but also where we learn from, what case studies are taught and how teaching can be delivered. They oversee and direct work within the faculties to progress the decolonising agenda, host events & workshops and link into the wider school work in this area.  You can contact the facilitators on 

Get Support - other LSHTM Support options for students 
A number of support options are available 
  • Student Support Services. The team offer confidential and non-judgemental space for students to discuss any issues that may be affecting their ability to study including adjustment to study/and or LSHTM accommodation; special exam arrangements and signposting or direct referrals to further support. SSS can refer students directly to Rape Crisis and Survivors UK for therapeutic support.  In addition, they can provide short term counselling, CBT, psychiatric support and group therapy to deal with a range of personal, emotional and psychological concerns. To book an appointment with either team click here  
  • Student Representatives of Council (SRC) Executive. The SRC Executive provide a key link between students and the governing body of LSHTM. They are available to speak to you if you are having any issues. Please contact them on   
  • Your tutor. If you are a student you can talk to your tutor.  
  • Extenuating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened you can consider applying for extenuating circumstances. Your tutor or Teaching Support Office will be able to provide more information.  
  • Mental Health First Aiders – An MHFA can provide immediate mental health support.  
  • Bullying and Harassment Advisors can talk through LSHTM’s procedures, how to make a complaint and what support is available, in confidence.  

There are two ways you can tell us what happened